NOTE: THE MISSION DOES NOT SPONSOR WORK PERMITS, VISAS…
PC-7329 – Biological Technician
July 9, 2018 – July 23, 2018
Full-time: 40 hours/week for Not Ordinarily Residents
Full-time: 35 hours/week for Ordinarily Residents
Not Ordinarily Resident: FP-9. Actual FP salary determined by
Ordinarily Resident: € 27.825,00 gross p.a. (starting salary).
Human Resources Office: Jérôme and Lucie
Definite Not to Exceed 18 months
*Actual grade and salary will be based on the qualifications of the applicant
The European Biological Control Laboratory (EBCL) in Montpellier is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the temporary position (not to exceed 18 months) of Biological Technician.
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply: https://fr.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/jobs/
Candidate must be able to begin working within six months of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
The incumbent provides assistance to the Agriculture Research Specialist responsible for research in microbiology and microbial ecology. He/she helps in investigating pathology of insects and weeds, assessing microbial diversity, and conducting molecular biology research in biological control of pests, weeds and microbial pathogens.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EVALUATIONS:
Education: At least two years of college studies (Bac +2, diploma required) in biology, microbiology, or ecology is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one year experience with microbiology (fungi and bacteria) and nucleic acid-related technologies including DNA and RNA extraction, DNA sequence analysis and basic data analysis such as interpretation of sequencing chromatograms, multiple sequence alignment, BLAST and phylogenetic trees is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE (These may be tested): Good knowledge of principles of microbiology and molecular biology is required.
LANGUAGES (These will be tested):
English (W-R-S), Level-2 – Limited Knowledge is required.
French (W-R-S), Level-3 – Good Working Knowledge is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (These may be tested):
Must have a valid French driver’s license (Permis B).
Must be able to use computer for data entry and word processing.
Must be able to use microscope and other tools for molecular genetics and microbiology.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Tri-Mission in France may receive a compensation package that may include
health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
• DS-174 (https://fr.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/jobs/)
• Proof of Eligibility to Work in France (Residency and/or Work Permit, Passport copy, ID Card…)
• Copy of diploma (only U.S. / French diplomas / official French equivalent diplomas are considered: the equivalent of your foreign Diploma can be obtained by contacting the “Centre ENIC-NARIC”: http://www.ciep.fr/enic-naric-france).
• Copy of Driver’s License
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
• Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) (if applicable)
• Letter(s) of recommendation
• List of references
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Tri-Mission in France.
Contact: pour obtenir des précisions sur cette offre et les coordonnées de la personne en charge de cette offre, envoyez un email à firstname.lastname@example.org , en précisant vos nom et prénom ainsi que le nom et l’année de la formation que vous avez suivie à l’ESTBA.